All pending and finished runs are listed in the Velocity section of your Transformation Center project.
The main elements of the table are the velocity versions, on which you have run one or several velocity transformations.
All runs are located under one of these velocity versions, with the name you provided at configuration time. You can find some information about your runs in the table, for instance the start/end dates on which the run has been launched, the owner of this run as well as the number of processed files.
The status of the run is displayed on the table and can be one of the following :
- In Progress : The run is currently launched and not finished yet;
- Error : The run has finished but something wrong happened during the process;
- Done : The run has finished and has run until its end.
Under the run, you can find three entries corresponding to the three actions : Transform, Refactor and Generate. The status for these actions can be one of the following :
- Not Requested : The action has not been requested when the run has been launched;
- Pending : The action is not launched yet because it is waiting for the completion of an other step;
- In Progress : The action is currently launched and not finished yet;
- Error : The action has finished but something wrong happened during the process;
- Status Bar : The action is complete. The status column contains a summary of all files or inputs statuses. A tooltip with the following format is present for each sub-part: percentage – number of status.
Under each action with a status bar, you can find entries for each of the velocity input that you have selected to be transformed in this run. The status for each file can be one of the following :
- Ignored : This file has been ignored by the action, and no output has been created;
- Pass through : This file has not been modified by this step, and outputs are exactly the same as the inputs. This status is useful for the Refactoring action which may not have modified the file depending on the configured refactorings;
- Fatal : An unexpected error occurred during the transformation of this file, and no output have been generated;
- Error : An error occurred during the transformation of this file, and some of the expected outputs could not be generated;
- Warning : All expected outputs were generated for this file, but some elements might need to be looked upon;
- Success : All expected outputs were generated for this file and nothing suspect has been analyzed.
As soon as a status has changed for one of the elements of the table, the table will automatically be refreshed to provide the new information.
You can view the technical logs corresponding to an action by selecting this action in the table and select the “View Log” button on the bottom.
A read-only editor will show up to consult the produced log outputs.
This is especially useful for debugging purpose or to understand the Failed status of a run for instance.
Downloading your outputs is essential since it is the last step of the transformation process. You can download output elements by selecting them on the table and clicking on the “Download Outputs” button on the bottom.
Depending on the element you select, the downloaded elements will be different :
- One or multiple files : If you select one or multiple files, you will get the outputs that strictly relate to the presence of this/these files in the run;
- An action without its files : If you only select an action, you will get the common files that have been generated by this action, ie files that are not related to the inputs you have selected;
- An action and some/all its files : If you select an action with some of its files, you will get the common files for this action as well as the output files related to each of the files you have selected;
- Multiple actions with/without files : If you select multiple actions at once, you will get the outputs for each of these actions based on the previous rules, each located under a different folder.
After processing, your outputs will be downloaded on your computer into a zip archive. The content will follow the following hierarchy : [timestamp]_outputs.zip/[velocity version]/[run name]/[action]/[outputs]
During the transformation process, you may need to launch multiple runs, and it can be useful to delete some of them along the way to have a clean look at your project.
In order to delete runs, you can select one or multiple runs and click on the “Delete” button on the bottom. After confirmation, your runs will be deleted and will not appear on the table anymore.
During the transformation process, you may need to re-launch runs which are blocked in progress for a long time or failed.
In order to relaunch a run, you can select it and click on the “Re-launch” button on the bottom. After confirmation, your run will be re-launched and will appear “In progress” in the table.